Sunday, February 12, 2006

Lately I've felt a need to reach out and talk to people, so I joined a few places at msn chat. Teen Mix, Global Teen and Gravevine(something or other) are the places I joined, hoping for some serious discussion of anything that takes a little brain power.

After several months of using the posts and chat, it's quite apparent that the people who use these sites should be glad they can actually use a computer. The amount of inane dribble these people spit out is stupifying. An occasionaly interesting debate will often be punctuated with grammatically challenged idiots spouting "u r a f*king moron" or "wat da fuk r u smking."

I expected that most people could not carry on a discussion about evolution, conspiracy, or politics without reaching their limits quite quickly, but god dam. These people must have been spawned in the shallow end of the gene pool.

I'm not trying to say that I only want to discuss the most vital questions concerning man's (live with it feminists) existence on Earth, but I refuse talk about celebs or "who's cutess...."
I'll talk about movies, world events, politics, sports, or even the weather or anime.

If the posts let me down, the chat was even worse. Even with a few people in the chat you will read long stretches of absolutely nothing. Any attempt to discuss anything turns into insults and mud slinging. I know these are teen sites, but I did not expect them to be populated by airheads.

Even the "grown up" chats that pretend to talk about enlightening matters are little more then semi competent apes rambling on with little factual or logical accuracy.

Maybe it's because I do not know where to go to find individuals similiar to me, but this experience completely turned me off from forums.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home